Yes, you only need to register once and use the same username and password to access all the services of CMIE.
You will receive an email indicating that your registration is complete and successful. This email will also contain the password to be used to access the services you subscribe to.
If you have not received this email, please refer to answer of Question 1 under the section titled "Mail Related".
If you are a registered CMIE user and had received an email containing registration details and password, then, the most likely reason for this is, you have entered an incorrect username and/or password.
Passwords are case sensitive. While entering your username & password check if the Caps Lock is on.
Get a new password by clicking on "Forgot Password" Link. You will receive an email containing a new password. Use this new password for logging in. We recommend that you change this password to one of your choice.
Click on "Forgot Password" to reset and receive a new password via email.
- Research and Educational Institutions can subscribe to an IP based subscription.
- At the time of subscribing, clients need to provide CMIE with a set of IP addresses and a username registered with CMIE. This username will be designated as group administrator.
- Any person logging into the service with a registered username via one of the IP addresses provided will have full access to the Service.
- IP restrictions do not apply to the group administrator.
There can be two resons
- Flash player not installed on your computer. In that case, please download flash player from www.adobe.com/go/getflash/ and install the software on your machine.
- Flash player is already installed on your computer, but maps are still not visible. This can happen if the version of your browser and the version of the Flash player already installed are not compatible. If your browser is of the latest version, then you need to upgrade the flash player version. Download the latest version of flash player from www.adobe.com/go/getflash/ and install on your machine.
Several factors mentioned below can prevent you from receiving emails from CMIE:
- Verify that the email address that you have provided while registering is correct.
- If the Spam Protection setting is enabled, some emails may not get delivered to your Inbox. Check your spam folder, and if you find any emails from @cmie.com, mark them as "Not Spam".
- Edit your Spam or junk mail filters of your email account to allow mails from cmie.com. Add domain cmie.com and email@example.com to your "allowed senders" list ("whitelist") and to your address book.
- There may be a limit on the amount of emails you can store in your mailbox. Messages may get rejected after you reach a certain quota. Check with your System Administrator if this is the problem.
- There may also be filters implemented by your email service provider which you may not be able to see or control. This is common in workplaces and schools. These filters may be triggered by words, phrases or images in the content of a message, or may block specific senders, servers, or return addresses. You will need to check on this with your System Administrator.
- Tell your System Administrator that you are not receiving legitimate emails from cmie.com and ask about their filters.
For Subscribers of CMIE service
You can check this by logging into the service. You will be granted full access, to the service, if your Subscription has been activated. See the Subscription information on top-right of the page to confirm.
You will also receive an email indicating that your subscription has been activated. If you have not received this email, see the answer to Question 1 under the section titled "Mail Related".
Normally, it takes less than 30 minutes for the subscription to get activated (after making a Credit Card payment). If the subscription is not activated after a reasonable amount of time (1 hour) contact your nearest CMIE branch.
- It is possible that the service has not been activated. Normally it takes 30 minutes to activate a service. You will receive a mail notifying the activation of service.
- If you have NOT received the activation mail after a reasonable amount of time, see the answer to Question 1 under the section titled "Mail Related".
- Also, ensure that you have logged in, into the correct service. A registered user can log in into any of the CMIE services, enabling him/her to browse the website or pay for the Annual subscription using a credit card.
- If you are a IP based Subscriber, you may be accessing the service from a non registered IP address. You are currently accessing the site from this 220.127.116.11 IP address, ensure the IP address is approved by your institution to be on the list of IP addresses for which the service is enabled. IP restrictions are not applicable to the group administrator.